Thursday, December 13, 2012

Coaches Corner - Trois

The third segment in the coaches corner centers around one Zac Stanley.  Zac has had a tremendous run in the 35+ B's this year.  He has consistently rolled in the Top 5 and even bagged the top step.  Here's his rendition of 13 questions...no offense 50 Cent, it's not quite 21 questions.

1.Bikes?
     a) Rock Lobster Team Aluminum w/ Easton EC90SL wheels, SRAM Rival 1x10 group,     Paul Mini-moto brakes and an ENVE fork.
     b) Rock Lobster Euro Cross Steel w/ Mixed SRAM group.

2. What category do you race?
     35+ B's through the end of this season then I'm moving up to A's.


3. High point of the year so far....
     Winning BASP #2 @ Candlestick

4. How often do you ride?
     I try to ride 6 days a week in one capacity or another

5. Have you ever been coached before?  How has it gone?
     This is my first time being coached. I like it. There is no denying that Brian has helped me     get results I never thought I could get. I have a lot to learn yet.

6. Pre race meal?
     Steel cut oatmeal with some trail mix and banana thrown in.

7. Post race meal?
     Burritos, is there anything else?

8. Beer? Coffee? Wine?
     Beer - 21st Amendment Back in Black. Coffee - Peet's Italian Roast. Wine - In a box.

9. Coffee?
     Cream for color only

10. Do you eat broccoli stem?
     No!
11. Favorite cross racer...
     Zach Macdonald - He's really good at wheelies and doesn't shave his legs.

12. Favorite course....
     I like Coyote Point in San Mateo. It has everything - punchy climbs, sand, technical single track, fast straightaways. Suits a rider like me.

13. Disc brakes?  What do you think?
     Maybe, but I just bought a new rig this season with Minmoto's.  I said no to carbon wheels for 2 seasons and I now I'm wondering why I waited so long.

Zac hitting the barriers at Santa Rosa Cup Round 1

Zac on the top step!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment